The Number of Ugandans affected by delays in issuing of National IDs ranging from Replacement, Error/change of particulars, to Fresh Registration is in Hundreds of thousands.
To ease retrieval and confirming of Nationality on National Database, as demanded by Key Gov’t Agencies & Entities, NIRA introduced Confirmation/Verification letter to help Applicants possessing National Identity Number (NiN) access services from this Entities as they wait for their National IDs.
CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH CONFIRMATION LETTER IS ISSUED.
- Lost National ID: Immediately one completes Replacement, They are issued a new Application Number. This can be used to apply for letter at Kololo. Without Completing Replacement process, NIRA can’t issue a letter. READ: LOST /DAMAGED ID REPLACEMENT STEPS, REQUIREMENTS & AMOUNT
- After New/Error/Change of Names Application: Fresh Applicants with NINs can apply for letter as they wait for card. Those who applied for Change of Particulars ie Names, Sex, Date of birth, location etc Can apply for letter. NOTE: The Letter issued picks details directly from Database so if the change is not yet reflected in the Database, the letter will come out with old information you seek to change. So pay attention to that.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CONFIRMATION LETTER , COSTS & TIME:
- Download Form 2 For confirming Information in Register. Check link at the end of this article.
- Fill the form & Go pay Ugx. 1,000 to the Bank eg UBA, Stanbic, Diamond trust Bank etc. FYI: There two make-shift banks at Kololo so you can bank within the Airstrip.
- Attach payment slip to the Form 2 and submit at the Inquiries Desk on Kololo.
- Applicants are required to submit their applications latest 7am to allow payment verification. FYI: There those who arrive at Kololo by 5:30am to beat the 7am time mark.
- PROCESSING TIME : Period highly depend on the backlog.
WHY NIRA INSISTS ON ISSUING CONFIRMATION LETTERS
You are aware people can easily fake Replacement Forms or NINs yet they’ve never Registered with NIRA. NIRA letter confirms you as a Registered Ugandan and requests the Entity to assist you in anyway they can.
CAN I FAKE NIRA CONFIRMATION LETTER ?
Yes. But you will be caught pants down. Just Like IDs, NIRA foresaw this.
Each Letter issued is logged into the system with a reference number that can be traced back to NiRA Headquarters.
Entities have systems to Authenticate the origin of any confirmation letter as well to prove its from NIRA so you can’t fake and get away with it.
Lastly and Very important, Each letter is addressed to one entity, it can’t be used cross entity. What do I mean?
“Letters are addressed to Head/Managers of Entities, Departments ..so a letter addressed to MTN to help you replace SIM card for example can’t be used at Airtel to replace Airtel SIM card. You have to apply for a separate letter for Airtel. This recurs across Entities and Gov’t Organs seeking your details”
Click Here to Download Forms ( FORM 2 REQUEST TO CONFIRM INFORMATION IN REGISTER)
Enough of the Blubber🤗🤗🤗 …For more details if that’s not exhaustive enough, which I think is, Hit the chat pop up on your screen to get you straight into Mr.Fixer’s WhatsApp 0706145023 inbox.