SCENARIO AS ASKED BY A STRANDED APPLICANT ON WHATSAPP
I wanna know where my ID is may you help me pliz??…when I dial *216# it shows That’s it has been picked but this was my second registration mean I had replace the other lost one
I picked it in 2015
Then it got lost later in 2017 I registered again from school around Kampala
MR.FIXER ASKS: So u lost ID but rather than do Replacement, u went and Registered Afresh? Am I getting this right?!
APPLICANT: I didn’t know how it’s works. But after registering they send me the NIN number.
HOW THE SCENARIO PLAYS OUT NIRA
LOST ID REPLACEMENT Vs FRESH REGISTRATION:
1. Fresh Registration attempts to Enter new records into the NIRA database which for your case, the system already has. So that’s a red flag already.
- The fact that the NIRA DATABASE system shows that they issued you ID already, without reporting as lost ID, they can’t issue you another card. So that blocks the process Automatically for ID Production.
- Duplicate results in the system automatically sends you into a STOP list especially if there is any slight difference in your information.
HOW TO PROCEED
Go to Kololo, Explain what you did. Two most likely Scenarios are;
1. They will cancel you second Registration and give you ID Replacement forms
2. They can just decided first toss you around. Sometimes they may include CID department in the process before u see the light of day.
CONCLUSION: Never ever Register more than once and don’t attempt it after Receiving your card.
OTHERWISE THIS ‘SORT OF ANOMALY’ CAN ONLY BE SORTED AT KOLOLO NOT ANY NIRA BRANCH